AfriForum Youth hosts three leadership and history hikes every year. The purpose of these hikes is to expose members and non-members to our history through experiential training. It offers adventurous people an opportunity to get involved in AfriForum Youth and to understand why it is so important to make a difference.
The Pioneers Endurance focuses on the Great Trek and various battlefields where Voortrekkers fought during the First Anglo-Boer War. The tours are presented by Dr Louis Bothma.
Date: 27 February to 1 March 2020
Start and end: Pretoria
Cost: R800 per person (15% discount for AfriForum Youth members), which includes:
- Transport from and back to Pretoria
- All entrance fees
- Majuba festivities
- A souvenir
Highlights to look forward to:
- Sleeping in bronze ox-wagons at Blood River;
- Celebrating 120 years since the Battle of Spioenkop;
- Participating in the Majuba festivities like mountain climbing and cantus; and
- Visiting Kerkenberg and the Kaalvoetvrou statue.
Send the proof of payment to email@example.com.
Phone Marike Labuschagne at 081 217 0008 if you have any questions.